(Senior) Legal Counsel (f/m/d) - #3987191
Allianz Global Investors
Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.
At Allianz Global Investors our people enjoy motivating, fulfilling careers.
We are looking for you! We are currently hiring a forward-thinking and results-oriented (Senior) Legal Counsel (f/m/d) in Frankfurt with passion for Sustainable Finance Regulation. This role reports into the Head of EU Legal.
Our legal department advises senior management, sales and the operational departments on all fundamental issues of German and European investment, capital market and contract laws. This includes Sustainable Finance Regulation which has become increasingly important due to our company's ambition to be a market shaper in sustainable investing. You will become a member of an international team with colleagues in New York, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Milan and Frankfurt am Main. You will work independently in an interdisciplinary manner and advise the business on all German and European harmonized legal issues relevant for asset managers.
What you will do
- Comprehensive legal support in shaping the house view on regulatory developments and on governance processes
- Advising on disclosure requirements for retail and institutional products, on institutional accounts, distribution processes, outsourcing relationships and sustainability data contracts
- Advise on Sustainable Finance specific regulatory issues (e.g. SFDR, Taxonomy Regulation, CSRD)
- Supporting the alignment of a global view as well as within the group, the industry and auditors
- Draft and revise policies and templates in the area of Sustainable Finance Regulation
- Drafting and negotiating complex cross-border fund distribution, investment management and service agreements
- Advising on international projects (e.g. distribution projects)
What you bring
- Fully qualified lawyer with excellent exams (German Exam preferred)
- Relevant professional experience in a top tier law firm or an international company
- Passion for environmental issues and sustainability and a genuine interest in the respective regulatory matters. Further training to gain deeper knowledge in this matter is naturally provided
- Proficiency in English for business purposes that has already been applied in a professional context
- Strong drafting skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly in both oral and written form
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Independent, thorough, structured and target-oriented approach to work; good communications skills and team spirit
What we offer
- Flexible working from home & abroad (hybrid mode/ flexible working hours & occasional cross-border remote work)
- Access to pension/ savings plans/ Allianz products
- Family support (relocation/ childcare facilities…)
- Company shares purchasing plan
- Mental health and wellbeing programmes
- Mobility solutions (Jobrad bike leasing, subvention Jobticket)
- Development opportunities at both AllianzGI & Allianz Group
- Continuous learning
- … and so much more!
About Allianz Global Investors
We invest for the long term and seek to generate value for clients every step of the way. We do this by being active – in how we partner with clients and anticipate their changing needs, and build solutions based on capabilities across public and private markets. Our focus on protecting and enhancing our clients’ assets leads naturally to a commitment to sustainability to drive positive change. Our goal is to elevate the investment experience for clients, whatever their location or objectives.
Putting our clients' needs first, behaving in an open and transparent way and treating people fairly means acting with integrity. We respect difference and diversity and reward individual performance as well as teamwork. We offer a collegial culture based on strong values, taking individual responsibility, and dedication to mastering challenging tasks. To harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of our employees. We encourage you to make an impact in a diverse, international, technology-enabled, and increasingly agile environment. If you feel inspired to elevate the active asset management experience, this is the place for you.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing assistance to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you need support to navigate our websites or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected].