3D-CAD Constructor (m/f/d) Innovation - #3986974
Birkenstock GmbH & Co. KG
BIRKENSTOCK is a global lifestyle brand that stands for quality, function and all-round well-being. The historic roots of this long-standing family-run company can be traced back to the year 1774. Nowadays, the product portfolio comprises sandals and closed shoes, accessories, natural cosmetics as well as beds and sleep systems. With more than 5,500 employees, BIRKENSTOCK is the German shoe industry’s largest employer. BIRKENSTOCK has 16 locations in Germany, with privately owned distribution companies in Europe, Asia and the USA.
For our division Innovation, Professional, Orthopedics, at our location in Cologne, we are looking for a
3D-CAD Constructor (m/f/d) Innovation
- Be the creator of tomorrow’s technical product solutions
- You create new technical solutions all the way through ideation (2D Design), 3D Construction (CAD), and mold making
- You focus especially on the translation of 2D Designs into 3D Constructions and work tightly with internal and external tool-making partners (own mold shop, external tool-engineering offices, external mold makers)
- In the same vein, you closely coordinate your work with the developers and the design team to create the next functional products for the brand
- You have a sense for footwear functionality and understand that "form follows function”, meaning that all products are evolving from pure functionality
- Focus on the creation of new (out of the box) constructions and components specifically on Footbeds, Professional Footwear (certified), Orthopedic Products, Components and Shoes
- You take on responsibility for diverse projects and activate all relevant and needed resources of the organization to achieve the defined goals by using your project management skills
- Successfully completed vocational training or degree (or both) in a creative field e.g., industrial, fashion or shoe design
- Min. 3 years of working experience
- Know-how of footwear manufacturing methods and construction
- Basic knowledge about biomechanics, orthopedic needs, footwear functionality production technologies
- Highly skilled in 3D tools (e.g., Rhino, AutoCAD), basic know-how in graphic programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experienced in data management software (e.g., SAP) and project management
- Fit in MS Office
- Fluent in English, German is an advantage
- Very good communication and networking skills
- Willingness to travel
BIRKENSTOCK offers you all the advantages of a successful, fast growing, global company: dynamic work environment, considerable design freedom, authentic and open corporate culture and excellent development opportunities. Sounds exciting? It is. We are looking forward to receiving your online application, stating your salary expectations!
If you have any further questions, please contact Alizé Smith.