Intern (m/f/d) Technical Internship in the Sustainable Energy Project Development - #3964302
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Ein besseres Leben für alle und sinnstiftende Aufgaben für unsere Mitarbeiter*innen – das ist unser Erfolgsmodell. Seit mehr als 50 Jahren unterstützt die Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) als Unternehmen der Bundesregierung bei der weltweiten Umsetzung entwicklungspolitischer Ziele. Gemeinsam mit Partnerorganisationen in 120 Ländern engagieren wir uns in unterschiedlichsten Projekten. Wenn Sie etwas in der Welt bewegen und sich selbst dabei entwickeln möchten, sind Sie bei uns richtig.
- Job-ID: V000055351
- Einsatzort: Bonn
- Einsatzzeitraum: 07.08.2023 - 06.02.2024
- Fachgebiet: Nachwuchs
- Art der Anstellung: Vollzeit
- Bewerbungsfrist: 08.06.2023
As part of the German Energy Solutions Initiative of the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy, the Project Development Programme (PDP) promotes climate-friendly energy solutions in over 15 partner countries. It develops implementable renewable energy projects, especially photovoltaic (PV), by identifying local companies, assessing their energy demand, and proposing a business case. Once the local companies are convinced to invest in such a project, an introduction to a potential German supplier is made.
In view of the market dynamics and the challenges, the PDP, together with other GIZ projects and the German Chambers of Commerce Worldwide Network (AHK), locally develops appropriate solutions with a view to developing the markets, promoting partnerships between German and local companies, and advancing specific renewables projects.
Technologies and know-how for a climate-friendly energy supply that are ‘Made in Germany’ are in demand worldwide. More and more governments, but above all companies, are becoming aware that renewable energy sources and energy efficiency reduce dependence on fossil resources, play a part in mitigating climate change, and help to reduce costs and increase competitiveness.
The support is aimed at small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in particular, and provides assistance with preparing, exploring, entering and securing the market.
The support strategy of the German Energy Solutions Initiative is the result of continuous discussion and coordination with German industry. Direct up-to-date information from the foreign markets forms the basis for the annual review of the selection of countries and the planning of measures.
The focus in sub-Saharan Africa is on Botswana, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Uganda and Zambia, in the Middle East on Jordan, and in Southeast Asia on Cambodia, Myanmar and Vietnam.
You will support the project team in the preparation of measures in the partner countries with both organisational and content-related issues.
The range of tasks includes:
- Analysis of measurement data (e. g. load profiles)
- Simulation of simple energy systems (grid, PV, generator or battery)
- Research on technical topics and creating country profiles
- Support with general project management tasks
- You are currently studying in the field of natural science, engineering or economics and have gained initial experience in the field of renewable energies and/or energy efficiency.
- Possess a good overview and technical knowledge of the different renewable energy technologies (especially solar photovoltaics, Power-to-x, storage, heat, energy efficiency etc.) and the associated business models. Familiar with different political approaches to promote renewable energies.
- Knowledge in the fields of energy efficiency, decentralised electrification and industrial self-consumption is desirable. As the project works closely with German renewable energy and energy efficiency companies and the relevant industry associations, knowledge of the industry structure is an advantage.
- Previous knowledge in the use of simulation software for renewable systems, especially PV(-hybrid) such as HOMER and/or PVSyst is desirable.
- Very good Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience in financial modelling of renewable energy projects is an advantage.
- For the internship, very good English skills (language level C1) are necessary for internal and external communication. Knowledge of German and French at language level C1 is an advantage.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €2.064,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr. Tim Beerens (tim.be[email protected]) and Mr. Jürgen Wiesmann ([email protected]).