Cloud Engagement Director - Germany - #3964289
Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Prisma Cloud Engagement Director is responsible for all aspects of the technical solution life cycle for Prisma Cloud’s largest accounts. This includes leading design, implementation, and adoption in both a pre- and post-sales capacity. The Cloud Engagement Director will have a concentration on ensuring that the client achieves their goals through the deployment of the Prisma Cloud portfolio.
You will be responsible for improving our client’s time to value by accelerating Prisma Cloud adoption aligned to their business outcomes. This is accomplished through the delivery of business-relevant security conversations with our clients while directing the execution of Palo Alto Networks’ global sales, support, delivery, and product teams in our most strategic accounts.
- In this director-level role, you will be leading and directing cross functional teams within Palo Alto Networks to ensure the highest quality of product and service delivery focused on customer business outcomes
- As a thought leader, you will address customer’s cloud security challenges by leveraging Palo Alto Networks Cloud technologies in a way that creates differentiated business value
- As a trusted advisor, you will provide valuable insights and education on effective risk reduction, compliance, governance, and cost reduction through a prevention first security approach based on the Palo Alto Networks security platform
The role will require close coordination with Senior Leadership, Sales, Palo Alto Networks’ CISO and Theater CISO’s, Sales Engineering leadership, Product Management, Marketing, Channel Partners, and the Consulting Engineering team. This is a senior technical role customer-facing role, and the value produced must be evident and recurrent. Customers and Sales Teams will ask for you by name.
- Engage and establish an advisory relationship with key Manager, Director, VP, and CXO contacts at strategic customers to transform their network security strategy to assist them in pursuing a secure cloud framework
- Educate prospects and customers on how cloud security is evolving and work with them to develop a successful strategy for their organization to implement a Palo Alto Networks solution
- Increase Prisma Cloud sales productivity - Impact, success, and compensation are measured against the assigned Region and Theater
- Engage directly with senior technical and business leaders at key prospects and customers as a Cloud security expert to penetrate whitespace accounts and expand Palo Alto Networks’ install base through the Identification, qualification, and closure of opportunities
- Work with the sales teams on strategic opportunities for the development and delivery of differentiated proposals which clearly demonstrate the business and technical value of the Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud
- Lead monthly thought leadership calls with the Sales Team sharing insights and effective sales approaches derived through customer engagement to improve the Sales Teams’ effectiveness in communicating and closing business with prospects and clients
- Provide summarized and business-relevant feedback into content, Product Management, Product Marketing, Competitive Marketing, and Field Marketing based on customer engagements to improve Palo Alto Networks effectiveness in communicating its value proposition to prospects and clients
- Engage in continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of relevant technologies (public, private and hybrid cloud)
- Work closely with the theater CISO, CTO and Business Value resources to ensure that you maintain a coordinated market approach
- Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform configuration and administration of security features and services (including identity and access management, networking, firewalls, encryption)
- Solid fundamental networking background
- Knowledge of ancillary security areas such as identity management, SIEM, network and endpoint
- Demonstrable experience in establishing credibility and strategic messaging with large enterprise customers
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever is necessary to overcome obstacles to ensure customer adoption of the Prisma Cloud platform, close large opportunities, and expand the Prisma Cloud footprint in our largest cloud accounts
- Degree in CS or equivalent - 10+ years technical sales or equivalent experience or equivalent military experience required
- Robust problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems, and systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Expect to travel a minimum of 50%+ of the weeks in the fiscal year - This is a global role and will require travel both in theater and internationally - Travel will include customer and Palo Alto Networks location onsite meetings
- Experience with IaC software tools (CloudFormation, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, GCP Cloud Deployment Manager etc) and CI/CD tools (IDEs, GitLab, GitHuB, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc)
- Understanding of container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
Our GTM team members work hand in hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our GTM team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success — everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our Sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyber threats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.